Book Rec
A recipe book I'm actually using and not just reading is called "The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet" by Nava Atlas. I borrow these kinds of books all the time from the library, and while lovely to read them, the time requirement to make a meal (and the money to fork over for usually expensive ingredients to use just once) is not practical for me.Tonight I made Zucchini Tortellini (page 73) and adapted it to include some other ingredients besides the initial 5:
1. Package of Tortellini 2. Zucchini 3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4. Garlic 5. Parmesan
While the tortellinis were cooking in hot water, I sauteed the zucchini and garlic in a skillet in the olive oil ~ I added oregano, fresh basil, and diced tomatoes. I also shook in a little crushed red pepper.
Easy and really good. I've also made several other recipes from this book and offered them to happily receptive children (only one who is a vegetarian) who eagerly asked for more which is just short of a miracle.
Here is her website ~ I hope it's useful:

2 Comments:
Hi, I came via Helena's blog. I do a recipe similar but also add fresh mushrooms, baby carrots and all kinds of peppers. Then I toss with Classico sauce and the 2 cheeses.
Hi Jean, good to see you :) Steven absolutely loves classico sauce ~ we'll try it.
I'm making this today:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetable-Lo-Mein/Detail.aspx
Post a Comment
<< Home