Christmas Eve Eve
I find it unbelievable how hard it is to get to my blog now that it's been turned over to beta. I couldn't sign in through the new google so I had to sign into the old account, and somehow it lead me back to here. It always does, and really I don't mind taking the long way home as long as I can be present, eventually, to the new options which are so much brighter and better.
But, I don't even have anything to say which is the funniest thing and I have been working on getting to the post area for 10 minutes and finally, I get here and it's like, ok, so why am I even here? :)
I have a ham in the oven, one I didn't pay for, so officially it's stolen. Royce asked me what spiral hams are going for these days and I told him, "Nothing." I have offered the Universe a promise to buy one next month and take it to the shelter downtown when all the Christmas treats are gone, and their kitchen is back to boring hotdogs and peanut butter as usual, I bet a spiral ham might be a nice treat.
So right now, along with the five-fingered discounted ham, I'm making mashed potatoes and corn. I know, it sounds pretty lame, but these people here are perfectly content with the menu and salivating happily. I have a cheesecake in the refrigerator and rolls on the counter. I made nothing here from scratch today but I'm sure whatever turns out will be devoured without a complaint. All of my friends and family are hopping from store to store buying what they need to bake ~ creating glorious cookies, candies, and cooking holiday meals. I think to myself, "Why bother?" There are plenty of other things I'd rather be doing with my time than fussing over measuring ingredients and making a mess of my kitchen. I wanna watch "A Christmas Carol" in my new jammie bottoms I just bought at Old Navy, eat my supper and throw the paper plate away when I'm done.
It's interesting how I can shelve the domestic life. I just put it all in a box and shove it in the back of my life and that is that.
I do have sweet rememberings which I keep like photographs in my front pocket, I can take them out and browse through them with fondness. And even spend a little time there, especially when the children were small ~ but it's good to slip them back to where they belong while coming forward from where I was to who I am.
But, I don't even have anything to say which is the funniest thing and I have been working on getting to the post area for 10 minutes and finally, I get here and it's like, ok, so why am I even here? :)
I have a ham in the oven, one I didn't pay for, so officially it's stolen. Royce asked me what spiral hams are going for these days and I told him, "Nothing." I have offered the Universe a promise to buy one next month and take it to the shelter downtown when all the Christmas treats are gone, and their kitchen is back to boring hotdogs and peanut butter as usual, I bet a spiral ham might be a nice treat.
So right now, along with the five-fingered discounted ham, I'm making mashed potatoes and corn. I know, it sounds pretty lame, but these people here are perfectly content with the menu and salivating happily. I have a cheesecake in the refrigerator and rolls on the counter. I made nothing here from scratch today but I'm sure whatever turns out will be devoured without a complaint. All of my friends and family are hopping from store to store buying what they need to bake ~ creating glorious cookies, candies, and cooking holiday meals. I think to myself, "Why bother?" There are plenty of other things I'd rather be doing with my time than fussing over measuring ingredients and making a mess of my kitchen. I wanna watch "A Christmas Carol" in my new jammie bottoms I just bought at Old Navy, eat my supper and throw the paper plate away when I'm done.
It's interesting how I can shelve the domestic life. I just put it all in a box and shove it in the back of my life and that is that.
I do have sweet rememberings which I keep like photographs in my front pocket, I can take them out and browse through them with fondness. And even spend a little time there, especially when the children were small ~ but it's good to slip them back to where they belong while coming forward from where I was to who I am.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home