PebblyPrattle

Much Ado about Nuthin'

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Things you cannot skimp on

Inspired by a conversation with my sissy and as a person who is learning how to scrimp, save and do without, I am finding that there are certain things that you cannot skimp on. Crappier or cheaper versions are just not worth the savings. I'll put a Top 10 on here that is really not a top 10, it'll just be ones that I can think of while I'm inspired to write this:

1. Diet Pepsi ~ the cheap version of diet cola smells like battery acid, and although I haven't had battery acid through a straw, I'd wager a guess that I have tasted an adaptation of it. Diet Rite is the devil's drink.

2. Soap ~ no cheap soap man. Store brand soap smells like an old man and makes you feel enskinned in a cardboard box.

3. Hellman's ~ Hey, it brings out the best.

4. Paper Towels ~ Bounty is not only the quicker picker upper, I've also discovered that since they don't suck, they last longer.

5. Batteries ~ I switch batteries around from the Furbies to the remote to the camera, and the cheapies just do not make it through the cycle.

6. Makeup ~ cheap makeup = bad, bad.

7. Flea Medicine ~ Do yourself a favor fella, just buy the Frontline.

8. Laundry Soap ~ everyone knows this, I won't even bother with an explanation. But still, we try Gain, don't we? And still, it only perfumes the stink.

9. Shoes ~ Cheap shoes hurt.

10. Computer paper ~ no one will ever convince me that they like their letterhead just as well on the crap recycled paper as the good stuff. There is just nothing like HP Laser paper.



Pretty, and so touchable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home