PebblyPrattle

Much Ado about Nuthin'

Monday, December 25, 2006

A Christmas Five

Since I was too lazy to think of something to write and want to have something here for Christmas, this is what I leave like needle droppings

1. A favorite 'secular' Christmas song.

"The Christmas Song" and sung by Mel Torme for sure. I really don't like to hear it sung by other people, especially some pop star who belts it out ~ ugh. I also like "Up on The Housetop" written by Benjamin Hanby because probably because he lived here. He's buried in the cemetery by my house and they have outlined where his grave is with a plastic chain. I think that is so interesting because it's true: When you go to a gravesite you always wonder which way the body is laid out. But here is Benjamin on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Hanby

(he was only 34 ~ he got a lot done in a short time.)

2. Christmas song that chokes you up

I find Silent Night nostalgic, especially sung by a choir with the other verses included.

3. Christmas song that makes you want to stuff your ears with chestnuts roasted on an open fire.

That vulgar one about the Christmas shoes and the dirty kid and his shoeless dying mother meeting Jesus tonight that plays every 5 minutes on the radio.

4. The Twelve Days of Christmas: is there redeeming value to that song?

Yes, I know all the words.

5. A favorite Christmas movie.

It's a Wonderful Life and The Family Man. I'm a sucker for redemption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home