PebblyPrattle

Much Ado about Nuthin'

Monday, June 04, 2007

Conversations I Never Had With My Parents

Lea and me in the car:
Lea: Can I go to middle school?
Me: Mm, not sure yet...
Lea: Why not?
Me: Why not what?
Lea: Why can't I go to middle school?
Me: Lea I never said that, I said I wasn't sure. There are several variables to consider.
Lea: Like...?
Me: Well for one, your social situations, as in, if you are thriving socially... There are safety isses... Teacher's influences taking into account our values... and also, if you're putting your best effort into getting your work done.
Lea: So if all those things work out, then I can go to middle school?
Me: Listen, consider school a privilege. We'll reassess it semester to semester. If you're not doing as well as we think you should, we'll yank you right outta there...

(Another day)...

Nicholas and me in the car:
Nick: OMG, that's Kevin in that other car, slow down mom so I can wave...
Me: Kevin who?
Nick: Kevin your nephew...?
Me: Oh great, ok...
Nick: I'm going to church with him this Sunday.
Me: You're what?
Nick: ...going to church...
Me: Why?
Nick: So I can see him mom.
Me: Can't you see him after church, like Sunday afternoon?
Nick: Probably.
Me: Well, plan to do that then. You're not 18 for 3 more months Nicholas, so I'm telling you, you're not going to church. When you're 18 you can go to church all you want, but until then, NO CHURCH.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

LMAO!

Engage Nag: Did you find out anything about the women's softball yet? Because I just. keep. thinking. about. it. man! Do you really think it's too late? It probably is too late, huh? Meh. Let's get our own game on. You think we could find enough players? Wow, that sounds like a lot of organizing. Never mind.

8:29 AM, June 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't aget to attend church until they're 18?

Hehe, funny.
In fact no so much funny, as sensibly opposite to the norm.

10:24 AM, June 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home