Saturday
How have I been? BUSY.
The weather is beautiful.
The heat this summer was oppressive!
Kids are doing great!
(Have you noticed that life conversation is snippets of repeatable one-liners?)
The weather is beautiful.
The heat this summer was oppressive!
Kids are doing great!
(Have you noticed that life conversation is snippets of repeatable one-liners?)
O.k., Recent Decisions I've Made:
- I'm not reading any more books again.
- The kids are going to help with cooking meals (that was their decision more than mine, they are sick of not having supper.)
- I am saving money for a real family vacation next summer
- If Nicholas needs shaving cream or any toiletries item, he can go get it himself
- All the homeschooling stuff decisions I made are too numerous to add here, it's been crazy all there is to do. I'm trying to be realistic about it and trying to stay organized
- I'm going to work each week at least two days. Even with the homeschooling stuff.
- Not a decision, but I discovered that I'm happy. That was nice to recognize.
- I sort of miss being emotionally barren because it made for some good writing and now all I can write are lists, bullets, answer questionnaires, repeatable one-liners. Snippets of conversation:
Nick: Did Amanda call last night?
Me: Someone called last night at 3 in the morning. Tell her not to call at 3 in the morning
Nick: She stood me up last night.
Me: Well, I bet it was her. I think it was her the other night at 3 in the morning, too. Tell your friends not to call at 3 in the morning
Nick: I've never talked to her on the phone!
Me: Why don't you call her?
Nick: She won't give me her number!
Me: Then she has a boyfriend.
Nick: What the hell is the point.
Me: She has a boyfriend. Girls don't give their number to guys when they have a boyfriend.
Nick: Girls are weird.

1 Comments:
Step back and breath and let the wave come over you again, and you'll be back to writing more than just lists and snippets....yes, K, Life is very very good!
Post a Comment
<< Home