I've decided that I need a notebook with me all the time. I carry one in a bag most of the day, but if I'm walking or riding, I don't have it with me. Often I will think of a line or a word that appeals to me, I try to commit it to memory, but by the time I get home, it's gone; back into the watery shadows of wherever it came, like a slippery dream fish I can't hold onto.
PebblyPrattle
Much Ado about Nuthin'
- Work is slowing down, it's been a very busy few mo...
- Work is slowing down, it's been a very busy few mo...
- We were talking yesterday at lunch about how books...
- We were talking yesterday at lunch about how books...
- I bought boy underwear to sleep in, the not tighti...
- I bought boy underwear to sleep in, the not tighti...
- I love each of my children individually and even t...
- I love each of my children individually and even t...
- My head has been in other places. I'm not very int...
- My head has been in other places. I'm not very int...
Noteworthy
Sunday, August 10, 2008

6 Comments:
I write when I walk my dog. I toss lines at him. He's not a ball dog. He's a city dog. So I'm when I talk to myself about the line thatlicense that next poem or bad prose, all will think I'm "BlueToothin'", when in fact I'm scribbling...
I need a notebook too.
Regards,
Douglas
Don't understand why Google made garbage of my last comment.
And can't revise.
Sorry.
Douglas
Your line dog, now if you can just get him to transcribe for you :)
I found a notebook to take on vacation, one for a quarter at a yard sale I passed on ride. I'll let you know if it works.
I told this story on a blog once, but I often think of Olive Ann Burns and how after she died, her family found scraps and scraps of scribbles on paper pieces in purses, in apron pockets, all over her house of words and phrases.
This is my envoy to nothing
where I say Go, little poem --
not out into the world of strangers' eyes,
but off to some airy limbo,
home to lost epics,
unremembered names,
and fugitive dreams
such as the one I had last night,
which, like a fantastic city in pencil,
erased itself
in the bright morning air
just as I was waking up.
-- Billy Collins
Lines Lost Among Trees
Absolutely. I came to this decision a few weeks ago. I bought a large one for around the house and a small one that fits in my purse. I never can remember a thought long enough to bring it home.
I'm carrying a standard wide ruled school notebook in my backpack again, it's still blank. I need something smaller. I used to find 8 x 7 narrow ruled eye ease notebooks that woeked really well for me, as long as I could read what I had written.
Post a Comment
<< Home