PebblyPrattle

Much Ado about Nuthin'

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Spiny


I find these turtles in the summer in the creek near where I live. They're very aggressive when held. They don't like it. And it's not fear they display ~ no, they want to be let loose, to dig themselves back underground where it's cool and private.

Thinking of summer on this cold winter's day just before Christmas and since summer was just a moment ago... grass, bare feet, noises of green... you can hear things growing for a little while til the humidity gets too heavy and then everything kinda sits there and sighs...

A dark morning before traffic stirs and the moon still shows. Hopping aboard and asking, "which way today?"
I dunno you decide.
Ok lets got out to state and take a right... head up the highway and go to the country....

Meandering out in the street before being warmed. Feeling good about being in the middle. Free. A rebel. No cars there to challenge your domain. click, click, click... slow... and easy...

See the sun coming up? It's gonna be a hot one.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home