No connection
Well, I'm home today and on to the Christmas shopping fenzy tonight. Truth be told, I'm looking a little forward to it and that is unlike me. I generally dislike the holiday... at least, the "Christmas" Macy's turned it into in the 30's and 40's. I'm like, 'the depression is long over folks, we don't need stuff to fulfill us anymore.' But some ideas just stick. People love to accumulate crap.
Ahhhh, the good old days of.... ,"Here Kids! Here are your lollipops and shiny pennies, make them last!" Wouldn't that be great? Wouldn't it be great like Little House on The Prairie when all you had to do was give a kid a pig bladder for a day of fun to stay out of your hair? Yep, (sigh) those were the days....
I was thinking about something this morning totally unrelated to what I was just talking about, and it is this: My current hairdresser is the sister of my best friend from high school's other best friend. I didn't know that when I found her ~We just got to talking and discovered this, and now our talking when I go to see her is like that of soul mates. She is a scorp too.
Anyhoo, their little sister used to be Eric Clapton's nanny. Eric Clapton came here to our town and met his current wife at a soccer game (that would be 'football' game to him, but who cares). The wife is quite young and I would say that her ticket to the game that day was probably a golden one. Or maybe his was. Well, they got married and bought houses and had babies...
Ok, to continue, the sister of my hairdresser is no longer the nanny because she fell in love with Eric Clapton's wife's brother while in their employ. They are engaged to be married now.
So, independent of all of this, for quite some time I have been taking Nicholas, who coincidentally calls Ginger Baker from Cream one of his fave drummers, to this blues bar to play drums on open mike night. It turns out it is owned by Eric Clapton's father-in-law. I didn't know that. Basically all of that is less than six degrees of separation from me, and Slowhand doesn't even know.
Strangely enough I'm not an Eric Clapton fan, but when I was in school and in love with this boy who ached and pined for me (I was a spoa then, too), and he used to play me this song over the phone:
Bell Bottom Blues you made me cry
I don't wanna lose this feeling
And if I could choose a place to die
It would be in your arms....
Do you wanna see me crawl across the floor to you
Do you wanna hear me beg you to take me back,
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away, give me one more day please
I don't want to fade away, in your heart I long to stay
It's all wrong, but it's all right
The way that you treat me baby
Once I was strong, but I lost the fight
You won't find a better loser...
Ahhhh, the good old days of.... ,"Here Kids! Here are your lollipops and shiny pennies, make them last!" Wouldn't that be great? Wouldn't it be great like Little House on The Prairie when all you had to do was give a kid a pig bladder for a day of fun to stay out of your hair? Yep, (sigh) those were the days....
I was thinking about something this morning totally unrelated to what I was just talking about, and it is this: My current hairdresser is the sister of my best friend from high school's other best friend. I didn't know that when I found her ~We just got to talking and discovered this, and now our talking when I go to see her is like that of soul mates. She is a scorp too.
Anyhoo, their little sister used to be Eric Clapton's nanny. Eric Clapton came here to our town and met his current wife at a soccer game (that would be 'football' game to him, but who cares). The wife is quite young and I would say that her ticket to the game that day was probably a golden one. Or maybe his was. Well, they got married and bought houses and had babies...
Ok, to continue, the sister of my hairdresser is no longer the nanny because she fell in love with Eric Clapton's wife's brother while in their employ. They are engaged to be married now.
So, independent of all of this, for quite some time I have been taking Nicholas, who coincidentally calls Ginger Baker from Cream one of his fave drummers, to this blues bar to play drums on open mike night. It turns out it is owned by Eric Clapton's father-in-law. I didn't know that. Basically all of that is less than six degrees of separation from me, and Slowhand doesn't even know.
Strangely enough I'm not an Eric Clapton fan, but when I was in school and in love with this boy who ached and pined for me (I was a spoa then, too), and he used to play me this song over the phone:
Bell Bottom Blues you made me cry
I don't wanna lose this feeling
And if I could choose a place to die
It would be in your arms....
Do you wanna see me crawl across the floor to you
Do you wanna hear me beg you to take me back,
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away, give me one more day please
I don't want to fade away, in your heart I long to stay
It's all wrong, but it's all right
The way that you treat me baby
Once I was strong, but I lost the fight
You won't find a better loser...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home