Green Tea

I was reading last evening that women do not get enough protein in their diets. That every meal should start with a protein. So I was like, ok I'll do an eggwhite omelette in the morning instead of my usual yummy oatmeal that I love. I made the omelette and took a bite and ugh, it was awful. Terrible. Not in the mood. So I tossed it to the stray dogs and made my usual oatmeal and then I take a spoonful, and ughhh it was terrible too.
It's strange how your palette can be affected by one thing, enough to ruin it for another flavor. It can work just the opposite too. You can taste something delectable and think, "God what have I been missing..." Like with chocolate. I like chocolate and over the years I've learned that Hershey's just doesn't cut it. I like to go into a gourmet store and pick out this really rich dark chocolate, just a little bit to put on my tongue and let it melt there.. it is the most sensual thing. At least one of them.
But for the bad taste I had earlier. I found the secret to starting again: Green tea. It must be what wine can do. The aliveness of the tea leaves in hot water and the transformation of them into something drinkable and putting that in my mouth washing the old flavor away. It's got a renewing affect...
"...Links are being made between the effects of drinking green tea and the "French Paradox." For years, researchers were puzzled by the fact that, despite consuming a diet rich in fat, the French have a lower incidence of heart disease than Americans. The answer was found to lie in red wine, which contains resveratrol, a polyphenol that limits the negative effects of smoking and a fatty diet. In a 1997 study, researchers from the University of Kansas determined that EGCG (found in green tea) is twice as powerful as resveratrol, which may explain why the rate of heart disease among Japanese is quite low...."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home