Shiny
A bagel with nothing on it. Not delicious. A bagel with nothing on it and freezer burn. More not delicious. I put the jelly J got for me on it to kind of cut the taste, but it's still there... yukky.
This may be my last blog for a little while, I'm running out of things to say and I'm even starting to bore myself. These things that we can do on the internet are so fascinating, this uncharted territory, it's so intriguing, but they start to become... really just what they are, another thing to do. It would be nice if things could keep their newness...and their.. I guess, shine.
Actually, I've been kind of playing all the songs I can think of called "Shine," "Shining" or something close to it. I was motivated by that Chris Whitley song I quoted in another blog. I was sewing yesterday most of the day and letting Shine music surround me. It does that, you know what I mean, comes out of the speakers and wanders wall to wall like a blind man and finds us,
"There you are, where have you been?"
"Oh I've been listening to you on the laptop"
"Geez, how can you hear me on that?"
"Well, not very well, it's sure not the same.."
It's like an old friend... And see? You can even make it bitch at you about stuff.
So anyhoo, Steven and I were cuddling in bed last night and he was talking about pearls and he said something like, "Can you grow a pearl?" I was like, "Yeah, you sure can, they even have pearl farms..."
He goes, Really? I said, "Mm-hm, it's not like you plant something and it grows, but they have a place to keep oysters..."
He's like, "What's it look like?" (and me, ofcourse I say, "It is a long barn with cages and they put an oyster in each one and it's kind of sad because the hormones make them lose their feathers and they cut off their beaks..")
Steven goes, "Really?"
"Nah not really."
But someone learned somewhere along the line how to cultivate a pearl, in this century ofcourse, how to quicken the process. They do hold them in cages and they seed them, put them in the water and as fast as you can say expensive necklace you got yourself a little ol' pearl.
It's interesting. Are they as precious do you think? I dunno, I guess it depends on how you see it.
All the breath and the blossom of the year in the bag of one bee,
All the wonder and wealth of the mine in the heart of the gem,
In the core of one pearl all the shade and the shine of the sea,
Breath and bloom, shade and shine, - wonder, wealth, and how far above them
Truth, that's brighter than gem,
Trust, that's purer than pearl,
Brightest truth, purest trust in the universe
~All were for me in the kiss of one girl.
That's Robert Browning. Poets are the other old friends.
This may be my last blog for a little while, I'm running out of things to say and I'm even starting to bore myself. These things that we can do on the internet are so fascinating, this uncharted territory, it's so intriguing, but they start to become... really just what they are, another thing to do. It would be nice if things could keep their newness...and their.. I guess, shine.
Actually, I've been kind of playing all the songs I can think of called "Shine," "Shining" or something close to it. I was motivated by that Chris Whitley song I quoted in another blog. I was sewing yesterday most of the day and letting Shine music surround me. It does that, you know what I mean, comes out of the speakers and wanders wall to wall like a blind man and finds us,
"There you are, where have you been?"
"Oh I've been listening to you on the laptop"
"Geez, how can you hear me on that?"
"Well, not very well, it's sure not the same.."
It's like an old friend... And see? You can even make it bitch at you about stuff.
So anyhoo, Steven and I were cuddling in bed last night and he was talking about pearls and he said something like, "Can you grow a pearl?" I was like, "Yeah, you sure can, they even have pearl farms..."
He goes, Really? I said, "Mm-hm, it's not like you plant something and it grows, but they have a place to keep oysters..."
He's like, "What's it look like?" (and me, ofcourse I say, "It is a long barn with cages and they put an oyster in each one and it's kind of sad because the hormones make them lose their feathers and they cut off their beaks..")
Steven goes, "Really?"
"Nah not really."
But someone learned somewhere along the line how to cultivate a pearl, in this century ofcourse, how to quicken the process. They do hold them in cages and they seed them, put them in the water and as fast as you can say expensive necklace you got yourself a little ol' pearl.
It's interesting. Are they as precious do you think? I dunno, I guess it depends on how you see it.
All the breath and the blossom of the year in the bag of one bee,
All the wonder and wealth of the mine in the heart of the gem,
In the core of one pearl all the shade and the shine of the sea,
Breath and bloom, shade and shine, - wonder, wealth, and how far above them
Truth, that's brighter than gem,
Trust, that's purer than pearl,
Brightest truth, purest trust in the universe
~All were for me in the kiss of one girl.
That's Robert Browning. Poets are the other old friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home