The other day I was in the shower and worrying, it's been a hell of a time since we sold the shop and here I was thinking about how I'm going to pay bills, and thought dangit, there's gotta be a better way, and I said outloud, "I need a building. I need a building for my business."
So I went driving around after one of Steven's classes that
afternoon, and didn't see anything suitable and really didn't expect
to, but I figured if I'm going to be asking the Universe to be
supplying me with a building I ought to get out and meet it half-way.
I went home kind of charged up, I wasn't certain why, but I felt less
worried than I have for awhile.
So after supper I got onto the 'net on Craig's List to try to relist
to sell that daggone freakin' massive truck I'm driving around...
And listen to this: on the list, there was this little thingie-doodad
called "commercial property." So I clicked on it and what to my
wondering eyes should appear? But an ugly little building right here
in my hometown, complete with a car lift and a air compressor, said
to be "Perfect for a car repair business."
I wrote to the email that was provided, not expecting to hear
anything back until the following day, if at all; but within minutes
this guy writes to me and tells me, "There is a lot of interest in
this building. Call me at blah, blah, blah..."
So I had Royce call him straight away, and they told us the building
was probably sold but if the buyer backed out they'd let us know. The
next day, he called us and the buyer decided not to pursue it and
would we like to come and look at the building?
Oh yes, we would.
So we went out last Saturday and took the long 2 mile, 5 minute drive
from our house to the building, and the owner came to meet us and as
he's opening the door he tells us, "Well I'm pretty sure I have it
sold.."
Damnit. Ok, that's ok. And we looked around the building anyhow. We
talked with him awhile and had a nice rapport, but we had to mosey
along because there was another interested person wanting to look at
it, waiting for us to leave.
Well, we figured we were back to square one... but then, the other
day the owner called us again. He said that the buyer decided he
didn't want it, and he sick of dealing with these bozos, and we
seemed like we could make a go of it, and would we like to consider
leasing it?
Sure we would :).
So today, all went well, and we signed a lease for
this shabby little building right here where we live and we are in business again.
We owe money to everyone that we know now. Isn't that a lucky thing? In a way I can't think of anything much luckier than people believing in you enough to give you cold hard cash.
So I went driving around after one of Steven's classes that
afternoon, and didn't see anything suitable and really didn't expect
to, but I figured if I'm going to be asking the Universe to be
supplying me with a building I ought to get out and meet it half-way.
I went home kind of charged up, I wasn't certain why, but I felt less
worried than I have for awhile.
So after supper I got onto the 'net on Craig's List to try to relist
to sell that daggone freakin' massive truck I'm driving around...
And listen to this: on the list, there was this little thingie-doodad
called "commercial property." So I clicked on it and what to my
wondering eyes should appear? But an ugly little building right here
in my hometown, complete with a car lift and a air compressor, said
to be "Perfect for a car repair business."
I wrote to the email that was provided, not expecting to hear
anything back until the following day, if at all; but within minutes
this guy writes to me and tells me, "There is a lot of interest in
this building. Call me at blah, blah, blah..."
So I had Royce call him straight away, and they told us the building
was probably sold but if the buyer backed out they'd let us know. The
next day, he called us and the buyer decided not to pursue it and
would we like to come and look at the building?
Oh yes, we would.
So we went out last Saturday and took the long 2 mile, 5 minute drive
from our house to the building, and the owner came to meet us and as
he's opening the door he tells us, "Well I'm pretty sure I have it
sold.."
Damnit. Ok, that's ok. And we looked around the building anyhow. We
talked with him awhile and had a nice rapport, but we had to mosey
along because there was another interested person wanting to look at
it, waiting for us to leave.
Well, we figured we were back to square one... but then, the other
day the owner called us again. He said that the buyer decided he
didn't want it, and he sick of dealing with these bozos, and we
seemed like we could make a go of it, and would we like to consider
leasing it?
Sure we would :).
So today, all went well, and we signed a lease for
this shabby little building right here where we live and we are in business again.
We owe money to everyone that we know now. Isn't that a lucky thing? In a way I can't think of anything much luckier than people believing in you enough to give you cold hard cash.

3 Comments:
Wow K! That's funny, I had to tell you! I've been looking at commercial buildings (on the craig list for montreal), because I want to start a shop and rents are so high, I'm thinking of maybe buying!!
I too have been my own boss for years now, and would like to keep it that way!
Good luck with the new business
xxx
Yay hooray! Congratulations!
http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/food/_more2005/_more05/champagne-cork-popping-flying-water-liquid-drops-on-blue-AJHD.jpg
dang, Sephie beat me to it :)
sephie, you know me, I'm a goldarn atheist to the nth.
A week before your period starts, get in the shower and ask for it. And don't forget to ask for money too. Whatever it is can be a little stingy, but it'll make sure you have enough.
We are more powerful than we thought we were.
And you and me, we are hand in hand :)
Hi Loki.
Post a Comment
<< Home