Baseline
Up early this morning. Sleep was deep. Nick and I watched a movie last night called Crash. It was good, offered perspective about things...
My sister is a nurse and I think I will go ahead and tell her about this thing I found. Weird for me in that I hadn't gone to a gynecologist in geez, I dunno how long; prob'y 10 years..? But last January, for whatever reason, I went in to get a pap smear... and the doc I met was really cool. I'm pretty sure I paid the bill so he will see me again :). He told me though, at the time, that I ought to consider a baseline mammogram, but I said nahhhh...
And here's why: My sister-in-law went in for a baseline and they found a nodule, called it PRE cancer and took her whole breast. The whole dang thing. I ain't about to give up my boob to PRE cancer. I'm not super worried though ... ok, I am, but not... well it ain't defining my day ~ I feel more... just, determined. I just want to know what it is. But I have no family hx, no birth control pill passed my mouth, and I nursed all my kids, wore loose bras (if any) and steered clear of anti perspirant with ammonium. Let's see, I did smoke in my 20's and I think my mother had fibroids. I really think though that this doc I met this year is not the jump the gun, cut and remove kind.
But I did come up with a medical procedure last night in all my scattered thoughts about this: I think they should start using lipsuction to get rid of cancer cells. Whatever way it goes for me I'm going to ask the doctor about that ~ I wonder if they do something like that?
I've seen pictures of mutilated women with chests empty of breasts and nipples. It's awful. There's gotta be a better way. I like my nipples and I ain't ever giving them away.
Royce just kind of stares off and I think he's worried, but he shouldn't be. I told Nick it isn't any big deal. And it's not. I've not had one serious illness ever. Besides the carpal tunnel which is not serious, and which I deserve ~ I have had no doctor visits since I was a kid and I'm really lucky I don't have more joint issues with all the stuff I have done to my body. I'll frankly be glad just to do the mammogram and get it over with. Then I'll know. When you know, then stasis ends and you can move. Again. Whatever.
My sister is a nurse and I think I will go ahead and tell her about this thing I found. Weird for me in that I hadn't gone to a gynecologist in geez, I dunno how long; prob'y 10 years..? But last January, for whatever reason, I went in to get a pap smear... and the doc I met was really cool. I'm pretty sure I paid the bill so he will see me again :). He told me though, at the time, that I ought to consider a baseline mammogram, but I said nahhhh...
And here's why: My sister-in-law went in for a baseline and they found a nodule, called it PRE cancer and took her whole breast. The whole dang thing. I ain't about to give up my boob to PRE cancer. I'm not super worried though ... ok, I am, but not... well it ain't defining my day ~ I feel more... just, determined. I just want to know what it is. But I have no family hx, no birth control pill passed my mouth, and I nursed all my kids, wore loose bras (if any) and steered clear of anti perspirant with ammonium. Let's see, I did smoke in my 20's and I think my mother had fibroids. I really think though that this doc I met this year is not the jump the gun, cut and remove kind.
But I did come up with a medical procedure last night in all my scattered thoughts about this: I think they should start using lipsuction to get rid of cancer cells. Whatever way it goes for me I'm going to ask the doctor about that ~ I wonder if they do something like that?
I've seen pictures of mutilated women with chests empty of breasts and nipples. It's awful. There's gotta be a better way. I like my nipples and I ain't ever giving them away.
Royce just kind of stares off and I think he's worried, but he shouldn't be. I told Nick it isn't any big deal. And it's not. I've not had one serious illness ever. Besides the carpal tunnel which is not serious, and which I deserve ~ I have had no doctor visits since I was a kid and I'm really lucky I don't have more joint issues with all the stuff I have done to my body. I'll frankly be glad just to do the mammogram and get it over with. Then I'll know. When you know, then stasis ends and you can move. Again. Whatever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home