PebblyPrattle

Much Ado about Nuthin'

Monday, January 16, 2006

Presence

40 days and then some, probably months and years and some hours ago there was a great flood, I had on my short shorts so it didn't matter all that much to me. I was barefoot and Nicholas had just found a conch shell on the beach. He put it to his mouth and the sound that came out was like the Arruuuga of an old Ford. One from the 20's. So we played in the water waiting for some magic to keep us safe, but all it did was get deeper. So we managed our way back to the boat and there was our destiny, right there in the bottom. This was no Ark, this was a boat to be rowed. Damn. I pulled on my speedo, the two piece with the low front, and found some flippers for Nick. He whined about having sharks on his swimsuit, but I told him, "That's what we've got. Like it or go naked." His good sense told him to stick with what he had. God told us that there would be more coming two by two, but back then, we were all there was. So I was glad I remembered to bring my bike. It was fun to put him in the seat on the back though I was way too small to manage a bike and kid, but the getting around on deck wasn't too bad. On the days we weren't rowing, we ate popcorn and watched for pelicans.

Oh my god I smell good. J sent to me some lotion for Christmas and I smell like a birthday cake. Baby Kitty was sniffing me just a few minutes ago and I go, "Baby don't be fooled, it smells delicious, but it still tastes like hand lotion." Yes, I tasted it. How could I not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home