A 2 Hour layover in Chicago
It sounds like the start of a poem doesn't it? Or a song...? But no, it was just revealed to me that I have a 2 hour layover at Chicago Midway. Dangit. I like Chicago, I just hate 2 hour time frames in any situation. I think in all situations you should be given a full 3 hours or just one. See, like with one hour it isn't very long and you say, "One hour? Oh that ain't bad I can handle an hour wait..." Or in the case of 3 hours you say, "Geez, 3 hours? I can fit in an Oprah taping.." But 2 hours you're like, "What the fuck am I gonna do for two hours..." Royce said, "You better take a book..." Good advice except I gave up books... remember..? Geez, he doesn't take that seriously...
Whenever I think of layovers I think of a story I heard Wayne Dyer say on a PBS special we watched one Sunday morning while laying around in bed and he was talking about having a whole day ~ like 24 hours ~ layover somewhere, maybe New York and how impressed he was with this little old woman who sat in her chair the entire time and didn't move. He said that is called "intention." I don't think he could be right... she didn't move for 24 hours? That is ridiculous. She didn't have to go to the bathroom or get a bite to eat? I don't much like illustrations like that because they are not based in the slightest reality. And who can live up to that? Not moving for 24 hours... Wow that's something to aspire to. Hmph.
But I could do 2 hours of ..intention sitting. Maybe. But the most interesting thing to me right now is that I have no idea what it will be like. None. There is no ability in me to perceive 2 hours in Chicago tomorrow. It could be anything, look like anything... it occurs to me that any idea I have about sitting in Chicago tomorrow morning is not what's gonna happen. That ain't even where I'm at, I'm right here.... This is where I know that I am. We build our perception of reality in the moment we are in I guess. Chicago might not even have a place for me 24 hours from now, no place might...., but right now here I sit, on my bed with my drinkable yogurt, blathering nonsense, Baby Kitty within petting range (i wuvems fuwwy baby kitty, kitty...), the click of the heating mechanism in the iron, dog outside yappin to beat high holy hell, the furnace cycling, smell of the toaster toasting, little dust mites feasting on my scaling skin, digestion, breathing, bloodflow, blinking, hammeranvilstirrup and the squeek of the steps, the sun turns the sky red, now purple, now pink....
Dr. Smartypants Wayne Dyer said, Present-moment living, getting in touch with your "now," is at the heart of effective living. When you think about it, there really is no other moment you can live. Now is all there is, and the future is just another present moment to live when it arrives. One thing is certain, you cannot live it until it does appear.
(I'll plan to take some magazines just in case though..) (And I'll keep my focus as a person intent on present moment living until I forget 15 minutes from now when I start packing my bags for a trip I'm taking tomorrow...)
Whenever I think of layovers I think of a story I heard Wayne Dyer say on a PBS special we watched one Sunday morning while laying around in bed and he was talking about having a whole day ~ like 24 hours ~ layover somewhere, maybe New York and how impressed he was with this little old woman who sat in her chair the entire time and didn't move. He said that is called "intention." I don't think he could be right... she didn't move for 24 hours? That is ridiculous. She didn't have to go to the bathroom or get a bite to eat? I don't much like illustrations like that because they are not based in the slightest reality. And who can live up to that? Not moving for 24 hours... Wow that's something to aspire to. Hmph.
But I could do 2 hours of ..intention sitting. Maybe. But the most interesting thing to me right now is that I have no idea what it will be like. None. There is no ability in me to perceive 2 hours in Chicago tomorrow. It could be anything, look like anything... it occurs to me that any idea I have about sitting in Chicago tomorrow morning is not what's gonna happen. That ain't even where I'm at, I'm right here.... This is where I know that I am. We build our perception of reality in the moment we are in I guess. Chicago might not even have a place for me 24 hours from now, no place might...., but right now here I sit, on my bed with my drinkable yogurt, blathering nonsense, Baby Kitty within petting range (i wuvems fuwwy baby kitty, kitty...), the click of the heating mechanism in the iron, dog outside yappin to beat high holy hell, the furnace cycling, smell of the toaster toasting, little dust mites feasting on my scaling skin, digestion, breathing, bloodflow, blinking, hammeranvilstirrup and the squeek of the steps, the sun turns the sky red, now purple, now pink....
Dr. Smartypants Wayne Dyer said, Present-moment living, getting in touch with your "now," is at the heart of effective living. When you think about it, there really is no other moment you can live. Now is all there is, and the future is just another present moment to live when it arrives. One thing is certain, you cannot live it until it does appear.
(I'll plan to take some magazines just in case though..) (And I'll keep my focus as a person intent on present moment living until I forget 15 minutes from now when I start packing my bags for a trip I'm taking tomorrow...)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home