Angels Dream
For me the best cup of tea goes like this: A tall cup, preferably the blue one I have which is just regular stoneware that I bought at Target. No shame in Targeting, we all have the need. It's heavy, but not too, and it holds heat nicely.
I'll also pour from the tall blue into my sweet, little white cup and saucer with flowers. That's a nice one. I'm recently collecting the China cup and saucers from Starbucks because they're so pretty. I have two sets, one was a gift, and one I found on Ebay, so it feels like a collection now.
A Teavana "Perfect Tea Ball" is very helpful, but a regular teaball works well. Now, I'm not usually on the Teavana bandwagon because it's so ungodly expensive that it's silly, but this I bought for about $13 (I know :/). I use it regularly, so I mark it off as a good investment.
I heat the water -I just use sink water- until hot, not boiling. It boils sometimes when I lose track of what I'm doing, but then I just let it sit for a little while. A good rule of thumb is no boiling water over tea, it really ruins it.
I have a beautiful little red Kitchen-maid teapot that my dad brought over to me one day. I have a strange tendency to burn them up, so he gave me this one that he had in his cupboard. He is so thoughtful and helpful that way! I love that about him. When you get into a bind, or you're making something harder than it needs to be, or you're ruining things by using cheap stuff, he often feels sorry for you and offers a solution he's ready to share. You can't beat life wisdom or a well-stocked pantry, you really can't. I really like this teapot because it's heavy bottomed and I've been super careful with it! No I haven't, but I think it's one of those teapots that can withstand a lot of neglect. Steven also uses it for his Noodle water.
I'm drinking Angels Dream tea right now which I bought it at the English Tea Store online. It's super inexpensive, only $3.29 for a 4oz pouch, and so mild, sweet and delicious. Here's the description I copied from the site which is far better than any I could think up:
"We have sought the heavens to try to find the flavor befitting all the virtues of this teas namesake. The natural flavors of Maple and Wild Blackberry enhance the excellent teas we have selected from the tea world?s finest regions - Sri Lanka (Ceylon), Formosa (Taiwan), and Assam (India). This is a heavenly, full flavor black tea."
I add a teaspoon of tea to the teaball, close it up and put it in the cup. I pour the hot water over the teaball (which is a misnomer, btw. It isn't ball-shaped at all), and let it steep for about 3 minutes. I then add a teaspoon of honey, let it sit and cool for about 5 minutes, stir it lightly and drink.
I like the process, of course; it's mindful and meditative, and it's a good start to the day. Coffee is a little too much caffeine for my sensitive constitution, even though I adore a good cup of coffee and only the kind with caffeine ~ but this is a lovely alternative and it's just enough kick to stave off that pre-noon caffeine headache since I am a bit of a junkie.
I'll also pour from the tall blue into my sweet, little white cup and saucer with flowers. That's a nice one. I'm recently collecting the China cup and saucers from Starbucks because they're so pretty. I have two sets, one was a gift, and one I found on Ebay, so it feels like a collection now.
A Teavana "Perfect Tea Ball" is very helpful, but a regular teaball works well. Now, I'm not usually on the Teavana bandwagon because it's so ungodly expensive that it's silly, but this I bought for about $13 (I know :/). I use it regularly, so I mark it off as a good investment.
I heat the water -I just use sink water- until hot, not boiling. It boils sometimes when I lose track of what I'm doing, but then I just let it sit for a little while. A good rule of thumb is no boiling water over tea, it really ruins it.
I have a beautiful little red Kitchen-maid teapot that my dad brought over to me one day. I have a strange tendency to burn them up, so he gave me this one that he had in his cupboard. He is so thoughtful and helpful that way! I love that about him. When you get into a bind, or you're making something harder than it needs to be, or you're ruining things by using cheap stuff, he often feels sorry for you and offers a solution he's ready to share. You can't beat life wisdom or a well-stocked pantry, you really can't. I really like this teapot because it's heavy bottomed and I've been super careful with it! No I haven't, but I think it's one of those teapots that can withstand a lot of neglect. Steven also uses it for his Noodle water.
I'm drinking Angels Dream tea right now which I bought it at the English Tea Store online. It's super inexpensive, only $3.29 for a 4oz pouch, and so mild, sweet and delicious. Here's the description I copied from the site which is far better than any I could think up:
"We have sought the heavens to try to find the flavor befitting all the virtues of this teas namesake. The natural flavors of Maple and Wild Blackberry enhance the excellent teas we have selected from the tea world?s finest regions - Sri Lanka (Ceylon), Formosa (Taiwan), and Assam (India). This is a heavenly, full flavor black tea."
I add a teaspoon of tea to the teaball, close it up and put it in the cup. I pour the hot water over the teaball (which is a misnomer, btw. It isn't ball-shaped at all), and let it steep for about 3 minutes. I then add a teaspoon of honey, let it sit and cool for about 5 minutes, stir it lightly and drink.
I like the process, of course; it's mindful and meditative, and it's a good start to the day. Coffee is a little too much caffeine for my sensitive constitution, even though I adore a good cup of coffee and only the kind with caffeine ~ but this is a lovely alternative and it's just enough kick to stave off that pre-noon caffeine headache since I am a bit of a junkie.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home